When These Privacy Principles and Practices Apply
Baker Hill wants you to make an informed decision as to whether to provide us with your information.
Table of Contents:
What We Collect About You Automatically
Other Information We Collect
Information We May Receive About You
Your Right to Access Information
Information We Share
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Delete My Personal Information
Keeping Your Information Secure
Change in Control or Sale
Changes to This Policy
If you visit our website to browse, read, to apply for a job, or access our client portal:
- Your web browser automatically sends us and we may retain information such as the:
- internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourEmployer.gov if you use an Internet account registered to a State or Federal government agency);
- internet protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site;
- the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site,
- browsing history, and;
- the geolocation of the internet protocol address.
We will use this information to customize your experience on our website and track how often users visit our website and what pages they visited. We may also provide you with advertisements after you have navigated away from our website about our products and services.
We collect the information you provide to us. You may provide us with certain personal information about you, like your contact information, demographic information and resume information either on our website or in-person. You provide us with this information, for example, when you:
- complete a form or information card and submit to us on our website or in person.
- enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- report a problem with our website.
- email us.
- provide your information to a business partner.
- post material to any blogs, forums, or participate in our client user portal.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in order to:
- provide you with information regarding the products, or services that you request from us,
- communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, prize draws and other offers or promotions,
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, and
- notify you about other products or services we offer or provide.
We may also use a technology called a “web beacon”. We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon.
We will retain information about you for so long as we have a legal or business purpose for it.
We may receive information about you from third party sources. We require by contract that all third parties comply with privacy laws and only to share information when legally permitted.
We allow individuals who provide personal information to review that information and contest its accuracy or completeness. To make such a request, contact the privacy coordinator at the following email address: Marketing@bakerhill.com, use this form, or contact us at 1-800-821-4455 and ask for Marketing. We may, however, not honor your access request if such request would require us to disclose information that poses security risk to the individual or our systems or networks, or if the information requested is prohibited by law from being disclosed, or if we cannot confirm your identity through our identity verification process. We do not provide individuals with the right to access deidentified data.
Our products and service offerings are for business purposes. We do not collect, knowingly or voluntarily, any information about persons under the age of 18. Please do not submit any information regarding any individuals who are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and have navigated to our website in error, you may contact us to have your information deleted here or via Marketing@bakerhill.com.
We may share any information we collect about you with consultants or professional advisors who have partnered with us and based upon our interaction with you, we feel these third-party products may be beneficial to you or your organization, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep that personal information confidential.
We also share information we automatically collect when you visit our website to the following categories of third parties:
- Third party advertising companies to place ads on other websites. These companies may use data about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about our product and services that may be of interest to you.
Third parties that conduct technical maintenance of our websites and other web platforms.
External auditors or other related expert personnel who are hired by us to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
We may also share your information as a result of certain events. See:
You have the right to opt-out of your information being sold. To opt-out, you may:
- Call 1-800-821-4455 and ask to speak to Marketing.
- Email email@example.com to put in a formal request.
- Use this form to flag your record as Do Not Sell
- If you are receiving marketing emails, you can opt out at any time, available at the bottom of every marketing message, or at the following links. Marketing List Management (receive limited messages) or Unsubscribe (remove all communications immediately). See example from email footer:
You Can Delete Personal Information Already Shared:
- Email Marketing@bakerhill.com with the subject line “Delete My Information”.
- Call 1-800-821-4455 and request to speak to Marketing – Marketing can further assist with a detailed phone call or voicemail.
- Use this form to request your record be deleted.
Upon receipt of your deletion request, we may choose to continue to retain your information if the information is needed to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the information or to take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- comply with legal obligations.
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for the activity.
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our products, service offerings, or our website.
- use the information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided us with the information.
We take the security of your information very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect. The following highlights activities we take to protect your information:
- Train our employees on our privacy and security policies.
- Use technical controls including encryption controls to protect your information.
- Employ access safeguards to our networks to prevent unauthorized access.
- Secure our facilities.
- Periodically test our security program.
Although we work hard to protect the information you share with us, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized access attempt. Baker Hill maintains a security incident and response plan to handle incidents involving unauthorized disclosure. If you become aware of or suspect a security issue, please contact us at 1-800-821-4455 and ask for IT or Marketing. We will work with you to address your concerns.
It is possible that we will disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process. It is also possible disclosure will be reasonably necessary if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the security or integrity of our services or to protect our employees, contractors, vendors, or agents.
We may share your information as part of a sale, merger, or change in control or in preparation for any of these events. Any other entity which purchases a part of our business will have the right to continue to use your information unless you delete your information here.
For question not related to privacy, contact us here.